Re: DVB & all (Re: ipsat BoF)

>Keep in mind that the general idea was to solve a simple problem first,
>and then worry about more complex issues.  When we have the simple
>satellite with multi-hop backchannel solved, we can look at more complex
>ones.  If we insist on solving all the worlds problems at once, we should
>just stop completely.
>
>Yours,
>Joel M. Halpern                         jhalpern@newbridge.com
>Newbridge Networks Inc.

Joel,

a simple solution for the satellite with multi-hop backchannel problem
addressed
by udlr is documented in the draft sent on the mailing list few weeks ago.
the participants to the group think that there is an interest to address
somes issues more "specific" to support of IP over "satellite" links.
This is related to practical implementation of the udlr solution.
I fully agree with your worry not to enlarge the scope of the problems
addressed, and I think that the BoF and the possible WG should be focused.

Walid Dabbous
http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/dabbous
INRIA U.R. de Sophia Antipolis      | Email : dabbous@sophia.inria.fr
2004, Route des Lucioles BP 93      | Phone : +33 4 92 38 77 18
06902 Sophia Antipolis CEDEX France | Fax   : +33 4 92 38 79 78