Re: [moca] Ambients and functions

martin berger wrote in response to benjamin aziz:

>> could this then possibly
>> promote locations as "units of transformation",
>
> in the light of my previous paragraph i suggest to generalise this
> to "locations as units of behaviour" ...
>
> martin

But this would be a generalization to the point that the
notion of location begins to lose any content.  BTW what does
"unit of ..." mean?

Incidentally, I recall Roberto Amadio and I called our first paper
in this area "LOCALITIES and Failures" after some thought, and
not Locations and Failures, though we did only discuss Locations
in that paper.  Topology was very much in our thinking even at that
stage (if only for Distributed Algorithms considerations), though
we did only look at clique connectivity.

- Sanjiva