Re: [moca] Locality and Name Matching in pi-calculus

Thanks for all the replies. But I haven't received an answer
to my original question. I am already convinced that locality is
a ubiquitous computational phenomenon. I have co-authored
a paper recently, which provides a full abstraction result for
may testing and an axiomatization of it over a variant of
asynchronous pi-calculus with locality and no name-matching
(see AMAST02).

What I am looking for right now, is some "practical examples"
or "concrete scenarios" where this theory of locality and
restricted name matching can be *applied* to say something
useful. One possibility I was considering, and that has been
hinted in several papers, is compiler optimizations that are
valid only in the presence of locality and/or absence of
name-matching. I would like to see some examples of this kind.
More generally, any other such examples of equivalences that
relate to common practice would be interesting.

Thank you

Reza Ziaei