Re: [moca] Anti-spam measures

 Dear all,

Thanks for those who pointed it out to me: the "To" field contained only "moca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" and not your e-mail address. In fact, the address you are registered with to the list does not appear anywhere in the headers...
However, by looking into the obscure and deep corners of the documentation, we could find a special command doing exactly that job. So, by now, you should have received an e-mail telling you the exact address you must use for posting. If it is not correct, you will have to re-subscribe with the new address first.

Sorry for the inconvenience (but it really helped us to fight spamming)
Pascal Zimmer

Pascal Zimmer wrote:
 Dear all,

Unfortunately, this list e-mail address has become quite popular among spammers. As the moderator, I am receiving huge quantities of spams compared to the normal traffic of the list: more than 20 every day, that I have to reject one by one.

In order to reduce this effect, we have activated an option in our list manager: only people subscribed to the list can submit messages. As a consequence, when you make a post, you must use the same e-mail address as the one you are subscribed with. To know precisely which address it is, please look in the "To" field of this e-mail. If you plan to use another address for posting, you must first subscribe with it.

If you experience any trouble with this setting, feel free to ask me personnally.

Sincerely yours,
Pascal Zimmer