[moca] Paper announcement

We'd like to announce the following paper, accepted for CONCUR'02:

Using ambients to control resources
by David Teller, Pascal Zimmer, and Daniel Hirschkoff

Abstract:
Current software and hardware systems, being parallel and
reconfigurable, raise new safety and reliability problems, and the
resolution of these problems requires new methods. Numerous proposals
attempt at reducing the threat of bugs and preventing several kinds of
attacks. In this paper, we develop an extension of the calculus of
Mobile Ambients, named Controlled Ambients, that is suited for
expressing such issues, specifically Denial of Service attacks. We
present a type system for Controlled Ambients, which makes resource
control possible in our setting.

The CONCUR paper is available from:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/personnel/Pascal.Zimmer/papers/concur02.ps

A full version in the form of a research report is also available from:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/personnel/Pascal.Zimmer/papers/RR2002-16.ps

Best regards,
Pascal