I am a full-time Research Scientist (CRCN, equivalent to Associate Professor) at
Inria Sophia Antipolis,
I am interested in a wide range of privacy problems both from computer science and law perspectives. I'm working on
Postdoc opportunity available: please send me your CV + short motivation letter by July 14, 2020!
- Detecting new web tracking technologies
- Measuring web privacy in large scale experiments
- GDPR, ePrivacy directive and upcoming ePrivacy Regulation
- Web browser and Web application security mechanisms
- On Compliance of Cookie Purposes with the Purpose Specification Principle
Imane Fouad, Cristiana Santos, Feras Al Kassar, Nataliia Bielova and Stefano Calzavara
International Workshop on Privacy Engineering (IWPE 2020)
- Purposes in IAB Europe’s TCF: which legal basis and how are they used by advertisers?
Célestin Matte, Cristiana Santos, Nataliia Bielova.
Annual Privacy Forum (APF 2020).
- Do Cookie Banners Respect my Choice? Measuring Legal Compliance of Banners from IAB Europe’s Transparency and Consent Framework
Célestin Matte, Nataliia Bielova, Cristiana Santos.
IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (IEEE S&P 2020).
Impact: NOYB issued a complaint to the CNIL using our results and our browser extension.
Selected media coverage: Lemonde.fr, Businessinsider.fr, Nextinpact.com
- Missed by Filter Lists: Detecting Unknown Third-Party Trackers with Invisible Pixels
Imane Fouad, Nataliia Bielova, Arnaud Legout, Natasa Sarafijanovic-Djukic.
Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PoPETS 2020).
- Browser Fingerprinting: A survey.
Pierre Laperdrix, Nataliia Bielova, Benoit Baudry and Gildas Avoine.
ACM Transactions on the Web ( ACM TWEB), 2020.
- Security Analysis of Subject Access Request Procedures.
Coline Boniface, Imane Fouad, Nataliia Bielova, Cédric Lauradoux, and Cristiana Santos.
Annual Privacy Forum (APF 2019).
- To Extend or not to Extend: on the Uniqueness of Browser Extensions and Web Logins
Gábor György Gulyás, Dolière Francis Somé, Nataliia Bielova and Claude Castelluccia.
Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES 2018) at ACM CCS 2018.
- ... full list of publications
Current research projects
Program Committee member
- IEEE S&P (Oakland) 2021, IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy.
- PETs 2021, Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium.
- TheWeb 2020, Security and Privacy Track of TheWeb Conference.
- PETs 2020, Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium.
- PETs 2019, Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium.
- IEEE SecDev 2019, IEEE Secure Development Conference.
- IEEE EuroS&P 2019, IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy.
- MADWeb 2019, NDSS Workshop on Measurements, Attacks, and Defenses for the Web.
- ... full list of service