I am a full-time Research Scientist (CRCN, equivalent to Associate Professor) at
Inria Sophia Antipolis,
I am interested in a wide range of privacy problems both from computer science and law perspectives. I'm working on
- Detecting new web tracking technologies
- Measuring web privacy in large scale experiments
- GDPR, ePrivacy directive and upcoming ePrivacy Regulation
- Web browser and Web application security mechanisms
- Do Cookie Banners Respect my Choice?
Measuring Legal Compliance of Banners from IAB Europe’s Transparency and Consent Framework
Célestin Matte, Nataliia Bielova, Cristiana Santos.
To appear in IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (IEEE S&P 2020).
Impact: NOYB issued a complaint to the CNIL using our results and our browser extension.
Selected media coverage: Lemonde.fr, Businessinsider.fr, Nextinpact.com
- Missed by Filter Lists: Detecting Unknown Third-Party Trackers with Invisible Pixels
Imane Fouad, Nataliia Bielova, Arnaud Legout, Natasa Sarafijanovic-Djukic.
To appear in Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS 2020).
- Browser Fingerprinting: A survey.
Pierre Laperdrix, Nataliia Bielova, Benoit Baudry and Gildas Avoine.
To appear in the ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB), 2020.
- Security Analysis of Subject Access Request Procedures.
Coline Boniface, Imane Fouad, Nataliia Bielova, Cédric Lauradoux, and Cristiana Santos.
Annual Privacy Forum (APF 2019).
- To Extend or not to Extend: on the Uniqueness of Browser Extensions and Web Logins
Gábor György Gulyás, Dolière Francis Somé, Nataliia Bielova and Claude Castelluccia.
Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES 2018) at ACM CCS 2018.
- ... full list of publications
Current research projects
Program Committee member
Last updated November 2019.