Page en français
- Consult my bio (PDF) : short / medium / full.
Honors, awards, prizes
- Best Journal Young Author Paper Award (co-author) of the French Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (SFPT) journal in 2011.
- SITIS Best Young Author Paper Award (co-author) in 2010.
- IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (Europe section) best PhD thesis prize (co-advisor, in collaboration with LIAMA, CAS, Beijing) in 2008.
- EUSIPCO Best Young Author Paper Award (co-author) in 2004.
- IEEE Fellow in 2003.
- Chevalier de l'Ordre National du Merite (proposed by the French Minister of Research, nominated by the President of the French Republic) in 2002.
- British Council Fellowship in 1997.
- Fellowship of the French Committee of Physics at Ecole Polytechnique in 1988.
- IBM Academic and Research Fellowship in 1987.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award in 1982.
- Prize of the Société d'Entraide de la Légion d'Honneur in 1978.
- "Prix de la Résistance et de la déportation" from the city of Antibes in 1974.
Plenary / Invited talks
- Plenary talks given to JDS11, the workshop on Computer Vision for Remote Sensing of the Environment CVRS11, PHARES10 in random processes for signals and images modeling, the ISPRS workshop in urban remote sensing CMRT09, the image processing conferences ACVIS08 and EUSIPCO02...
- Invited talks in specialized workshops: Imaging in Geospatial Applications, organized by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) and by the Geospatial National Intelligence Agency (GNA) in Minneapolis in September 2013, Stochastic Geometry and Spatial Statistics organized by EURANDOM in Eindhoven in April 2000.
- Invited talks or seminars given in more than 100 Universities or Research Centers in France (ENS Ulm, ENS Cachan, Paris VI, Telecom ParisTech, Institut Pasteur, INRA...) and in the world (MIT, Harvard, Courant Institute, Stanford, Berkeley, UIUC, USC, University of Maryland, Cambridge, Imperial College, UCL, TC Dublin, ETHZ, EPFL, CNR Pisa, UPC Barcelona, University of the Bundeswehr in Munich, Belgium Royal Military Academy, KU Leuven, CWI in Amsterdam, University of Iceland, University of Thessaloniki, Academy of Science of Hungary, Academy of Science of China, UST in Hong Kong, Chinese University of Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong, NTU Singapore, University of Sao Paulo, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Ben Gurion University, Tel Aviv University, Technion, Weizmann Institute, ENSI Tunis, University of Tunis El Manar...).
- Consult the list of my demos in Ariana and the list of my demos in Ayin.
- Consult the list of my publications in Ariana and my publications in Ayin. Consult the list of all my publications.
- Principal Investigator of an ANR project on Bioimaging (DIAMOND) and of several bilateral collaboration projects in image processing with Russia (NATO, ECONET, Lyapunov Institute), the USA (Associated Team SHAPES, NATO), Hungary (Balaton), Italy (Galileo), the Netherlands (NWO), UK (Alliance), Israel (P2R, AFIRST), Brazil (CNPQ). ARIANA coordinator of 3 EU projects (MOUMIR, IMAVIS within the 5th Framework, MUSCLE within the 6th Framework). Also coordinator of one research project funded by EADS Foundation, one ARC DeMiTRI and one COLORS ODEUR.
Lectures (in French)
- Master 2 SVS-ISAB (slides since 2012).
- Master 2 BIOCOMP (slides since 2009).
- Master 2 VIM (slides from 2008 to 2009).
- Master 1 ENS Lyon (slides from 2006 till 2011).
- 3rd year SUPAERO (ISAE) : Advanced Techniques in Satellite Imaging (slides from 1999 to 2011), Advanced Techniques in Signal and Image (slides since 2012).
- ERCIM News n°95 in october 2013 Boat extraction in harbours from high resolution satellite images
- Participation in 2013 to a debate (in French) animated by a journalist, organized by SKEMA Business School (with other partners) on the topic Technology for Information and Communication (TIC): a revolution for women
- Short papers on the blogs of the web sites of MPT2013 (in French) and MPE2013 (in English): Les ports vus du ciel and Extracting Boats in Harbors from High-resolution Satellite Images
- Earthzine in 2009: La Vie de Josiane Zerubia: A Very Modern Woman of Science
- Interstices (podcast in French) in 2008: Quand le traitement d'images participe à la gestion des ressources naturelles
- INRIA Activity Report in 2007 (pp 36-37) From umbrella pines to... flamingos
- LISA in may 2007 Télédétection et environnement : un exemple de traitement d'images dans le projet ARIANA
- Interstices (demo in French) in 2006: Traitement d'images pour l'évaluation des ressources forestières
- Ercim News n°65 in april 2006 Galaxy Filament Detection using the Quality Candy Model
- Ercim News n°61 in april 2005 Image Processing for Forest Monitoring
- Ercim News n°50 in july 2002 Marked Point Processes in Image Analysis
- Ercim News n°46 in july 2001 Modelling SAR Images of Urban Areas
- INédit number 43 in march 2004 Mieux exploiter les images satellitaires ou aériennes
- INédit number 20 in july 1999 Problèmes inverses en observation de la Terre : le projet Ariana
- French news channel 2 in 1996.
- E=m6 (scientific magazine on french channel 6) in 1991.
- 2 interviews made by INRIA in 1995 and 1991.
- 6 patents : 1 patent deposit 0110189 INPI in 2001 (75% INRIA, 25% CNRS); 5 patents deposit OA09437, OA09438 in 2009; OA11016, OA11017 in 2010 and FR1260390 in 2012 (50% INRIA, 50% Galderma).
- 31 deposits at the APP between 1989 and 2013.
- 33 industrial contracts between 1989 and 2013.
- One free software : FLAMINGO under CeCill-C licence.
Mail : Josiane.Zerubia at inria.fr
Phone : (+33)4-92-38-78-65
Postal adress : INRIA Sophia Antipolis Méditerranée - 2004, route des Lucioles - BP 93 - 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex - France
A book on Markov Random Fields in Image Segmentation