I have a passion in storytelling. I believe stories about yourself and other people, and even fiction have the power to sow seeds of goodness and belief in the world. I hope to find new ways to tell new stories that will make this world a better place.
I am a research scientist (Starting Faculty Position) in the Biovision team ➚ of Centre Inria d'Université Côte d'Azur. My ongoing research concerns tools and algorithms for interactive and multimedia storytelling, notably for 3D immersive environments and film, with projects focusing on:
- designing accessible multimedia technologies for people with low vision,
- study and modelling of user attention and behavior in immersive 3D environments,
- content generation and assisted creativity for extended reality, and
- methods for the automated analysis of visual media, notably film narrative.
I defended my thesis on Cinematic Discourse for Interactive 3D Storytelling ➚ in October, 2016.
- [JUN 2023] Our paper "An Integrated Framework for Understanding Multimodal Embodied Experiences in Interactive Virtual Reality" has obtained the best paper award at ACM IMX 2023!
- [APR 2023] Our paper "An Integrated Framework for Understanding Multimodal Embodied Experiences in Interactive Virtual Reality" has been accepted to ACM IMX 2023! The paper is co-authored by F. Robert, H.-Y. Wu, L. Sassatelli, S. Ramanoël, A. Gros, and M. Winckler.
- [MAR 2023] The ACM IMX Joint workshop WICED x Cinemotions is open to submissions! Deadline 7 April 2023. Please feel free to apply or diffuse!
- [OCT 2022] Our paper "On the Link between Emotion, Attention and Content in Virtual Immersive Environments" is presented at ICIP 2022! The paper is co-authored by Q. Guimard, F. Robert, C. Bauce, A. Ducreux, L. Sassatelli, H.-Y. Wu, M. Winckler, and A. Gros.