Re: I-Ds/RFCs on UDLR

Ram Ramanathan wrote:

> Hello,

> I am interested in finding out more about the protocols designed by this
> working group.
>
> 1. Is draft-ietf-udlr-lltunnel-03.txt the only document produced by this
>    group or are there others? If so, where are they? I tried
>    ftp://irl.cs.ucla.edu but both this host and the host it says I should
>    try (lancelot) have ftp disabled.

At the beginning we started to designed several protocol to support
unidirectional links. We then converged to a single protocol: the link layer
tunnel mechanism (LLTM). You have the right pointer to the document. There is no
other document.

> 2. Are these protocols meant to be run on routers or on a separate box?
>    If the former, are any representatives from router vendors (e.g. Cisco)
>    participating in the working group, and if so, are there any plans for
>    implementing this functionality as part of a future product?

We know several implementations in separate boxes:
        - Sony
        - Hitachi-IT
        - Harmonic Data System
        - Broadlogic
        - us !
        - others ?

I have not been told of any implementation of LLTM from CISCO. I can just tell
that Tim Gleeson (Cisco Japan) has been participating in writing the current
document.

> thanks,
>
> -Ram

Regards,