Re: Point 2 - Clarification of a receiver with two receive-onlyinterfaces

>  Can a receiving system join multiple feeds (i.e. have two active
>  receive-only interfaces)?

There is no notion of "joining to a feed" in the spec. A UDL will have one
(or more) feeds, and receivers can relay through one of them. By "have two
active receive-only interfaces", I presume you mean, two receive-only
interfaces on the same UDL?

> I don't really understand what happens when a receiving system has
> two active receive-only interfaces from different feeds.

If I rephrase this as "when a receiving system has two active receive-only
interfaces on the same UDL", does it capture what you mean?

> Can someone help me?
>
>  If this allowed, ***MUST*** one IP address be allocated per
>        receive-only interface?

I don't believe the situation is any different from a host with two
ethernet ports connected to the same segment.

>  (If not, I wonder what happens when broadcast packets are duplicated?
>  and how does a feed router know how to route to the clients?)

Routing will be done elsewhere. Section 6.2.1 describes how to forward MAC
packets onto the UDL.

> Gorry Fairhurst.

Tim