Point 1

Section 6.2.2 of lltunnel-02 discusses how received encapsulated
packets are handled. The text for case 3) seems to
be incomplete: the text currently says "We have to distinguish
two cases" but does not say how to make the distinction.

The two cases to be distinguished are:
(i) a feed (which may or may not be send-only) recieving an
encapsulated packet sent directly from a receiver; and
(ii) a send-only feed receiving an encapsulated packet which
has been relayed by a feed.

This distinction cannot be made just by looking at the
encapsulated (inner) MAC header. Other information must be
used. If feeds keep a complete list of other feed IP
addresses, then they can make this distinction based on the
encapsulating (outer) IP source address of packets. This is
the approach we suggest.

The clarifications that we made are:
A) lltunnel-02 stated that feeds must keep a list of
send-only feeds. We strengthen this to say that they must keep a
list of all feeds, noting which ones are send only.
(look at section 6.2)
B) Case 3)
(look at section 6.2.2 in the draft).

Walid Dabbous
http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/dabbous
INRIA U.R. de Sophia Antipolis      | Email : dabbous@sophia.inria.fr
2004, Route des Lucioles BP 93      | Phone : +33 4 92 38 77 18
06902 Sophia Antipolis CEDEX France | Fax   : +33 4 92 38 79 78