Simplex and IP

I have reviewed the archives and some of the drafts and have the following
question: suppose I have 2 simplex lines running between 2 Cisco routers.
If one line goes down (my receiver), the sender should continue to send
(it is sending UDP - no acks required).  If I define the HDLC interface as
"no keepalive" and "ignore-dcd", would this do the trick?  Has anyone
played with this sort of thing?  Routing is static between the 2 ciscos.

Thanks,
Hank

P.S. I am not on the list, so please reply to me directly at
hank@ibm.net.il