Notes on nominal calculi for security and mobility

Hi, I recently finished the following lecture notes, available at

http://research.microsoft.com/~adg/Publications/details.html#nominal

My website also includes slides from my lectures at Bertinoro.

Comments most welcome!

Andy.

Notes on nominal calculi for security and mobility.  To appear in the
proceedings of the International Summer School on Foundations of
Security Analysis and Design (FOSAD 2000), Bertinoro, September 18-30,
2000, to be published by Springer in the series Lecture Notes in
Computer Science.

There is great interest in applying nominal calculi---computational
formalisms that include dynamic name generation---to the problems of
programming, specifying, and verifying secure and mobile computations.
These notes introduce three nominal calculi---the pi calculus, the spi
calculus, and the ambient calculus. We describe some typical techniques,
and survey related work.