A couple of papers.

Semantics of Name and Value Passing, by M.Fiore and D.Turi.  To appear in
LICS'01.

  We provide a semantic framework for (first order) message-passing process
  calculi by combining categorical theories of abstract syntax with binding
  and operational semantics.  In particular, we obtain abstract rule formats
  for name and value passing with both late and early interpretations.
  These formats induce an initial-algebra/final-coalgebra semantics that is
  compositional, respects substitution, and is fully abstract for late and
  early congruence.  We exemplify the theory with the pi-calculus and
  value-passing CCS.

Computing Symbolic Models for Verifying Cryptographic Protocols, by M.Fiore
and M.Abadi.  To appear in CSFW'01.

  We consider the problem of automatically verifying infinite-state
  cryptographic protocols.  Specifically, we present an algorithm that given
  a finite process describing a protocol in a hostile environment (trying to
  force the system into a ``bad'' state) computes a model of traces on which
  security properties can be checked.  Because of unbounded inputs from the
  environment, even finite processes have an infinite set of traces; the main
  focus of our approach is the reduction of this infinite set to a finite set
  by a symbolic analysis of the knowledge of the environment.  Our algorithm
  is sound (and we conjecture complete) for protocols with shared-key
  encryption/decryption that use arbitrary messages as keys; further it is
  complete in the common and important case in which the cryptographic keys
  are messages of bounded size.