Re: Dynamic binding

Hi,

At the moment, I'm working on adding dynamic binding to the Join
Calculus, to reflect what is already present in JoCaml (when a module
migrates, if other modules it depends on don't migrate with it,
dynamic rebinding occurs to the local version of these modules in the
destination runtime). I'm working on a type system for this calculus
that guarantees that needed resources will always be present (I have
proven subject reduction for this system, but I still need to work on
type reconstruction).

I have a very early draft version of this. If you're interested, I can
put it on my webpage (I'll first have to make sure I didn't leave too
many comments to myself first ;-)

Thanks for this interesting discussion (and interesting mailing list
too).

Alan Schmitt

++ 02/03/01 09:26 -0500 - Benjamin C. Pierce:

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.