models for mobility mailing list

This is the first message about a new mailing list on models for
mobility. For the moment, the list consists of the email addresses of the
people whose web page appears on the web page "mobility":
    http://lampwww.epfl.ch/mobility/.
(You should have received an welcome message,
automatically produced when a name is inserted into list.)
Names can be added or removed from the list, see the instructions
below.

Thanks to Pascal Zimmer, who has helped me in setting up the list
and in inserting all the email addresses from the mobility web page.

Scope of the list
seems exclusively used for job and conference announcements -- no
discussions occur.  We think that one of the reasons may be that
nowadays concurrency is a very broad topic and the concurrency mailing
list is very large.  Hence one may feel that posting a technical
message is out of place and/or intimidating. By contrast, the
community for "models of concurrency" is more focused and homogeneous.

A posting in the new mailing list could be a question, an answer to a
question, a remark, or a paper announcement, on the theme of models
for mobility.  There should not be job or conference/workshop
announcements; these can be found in other lists.

I am not really sure that this list will be useful and that it will
have a reasonable traffic. After discussions with a few people (thanks
especially to Joachim Parrow) we decided to start it off anyway, and
see what happens. Stopping it at any time will be easy.

The list is moderated (by myself, and possibly sometimes by Pascal).

Management of the list
   send an email to
            sympa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   with subject:
            subscribe moca

To unsubscribe:
   send an email to
            sympa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   with subject
            unsubscribe moca

To send a message to the list:
   send an email to
            moca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you want more help on Sympa:
   send an email to
             sympa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   with subject
              help

See also
http://www.cru.fr/listes/serveurdoc/sympa.help.html
(the bottom part is  in English; some fancy commands, like REV, may
however be unavailable)

Davide