Amar Prakash AZAD
INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Projet MAESTRO
2004 Route des Lucioles
06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Phone: +33 (0)4 90 84 3566
Fax: +33 (0)4 9238 7971
|| Ph.D. Candidate
||Networks and telecoms
Amar Prakash Azad is a PhD. candidate under the supervision of Dr. Eitan Altman at Maestro, INRIA(Sophia), France since May 2007. He is co-advised by Rachid El-Azouzi and Sara Alouf.
He has received B.Tech. degree in Electronics and Communication engineering from the G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India and M.Sc.(Engg.) degree in Electrical Communication Engineering from Indian Institute of Science(in 2006) at Bangalore, India.
He has also worked with the Radar Division at Bharat Electronics Limited during the year 2001 to 2003. He has worked in R & D group at Beceem Communications Pvt. Limited for the development of WiMAX Systems during the year 2006-2007. Currently he is a PhD candidate at INRIA (Sophia Antipolis). His research activities focus on modeling and performance evaluation of wireless communication networks. His research interests include communication networks, wireless sensor
networks, WiMAX, application of game theory and dynamic control in wireless networks, DTNs.
Papers in refereed conferences
- Rachid Elazouzi, Habib B.A. Sidi, Julio Rojas-Mora, and A. P. Azad, "Game theory and learning algorithm in Delay Tolerant Networks", Proceedings of Bionetics, 2009. [To Appear]
- A. P. Azad, E. Altman, Rachid Elazouzi " From Altruism to Non-Cooperation in Routing Games", Networking and Electronic Commerce Research Conference 2009(NAEC 2009), Lake Garda, Ocober, Italy2009 (Extended vesion) [pdf]
- S. Alouf, E. Altman, A. P. Azad, "M/G/1 Queue with Repeated Inhomogeneous Vacations Applied to IEEE 802.16e Power Saving. Performance Evaluation Review (Proceedings of ACM Sigmetrics 2008 Conference, Annapolis, Maryland), 36(1):451-452, June 2008.
- S. Vashistha, A. P. Azad,
and A. Chockalingam, Energy Efficient Area Monitoring Using Information Coverage in Wireless Sensor Networks, Proc. IEEE WoWMoM'2007, Helsinki, Finland, June 2007. Selected as one among the top 15 papers. [PDF]
- S. Vashistha, A. P. Azad, and A. Chockalingam, Efficient Scheduling of Sensor Activity for Information Coverage in Wireless Sensor Networks, Proc. IEEE COMSWARE'2007, Bangalore, January 2007.
- A. P. Azad and A. Chockalingam, Bounds on the Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Networks Employing Multiple Mobile Data Sinks, Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM'2006, San Francisco, November 2006.
- A. P. Azad,
and A. Chockalingam, Mobile Base
Stations Placement Algorithms and Energy Aware Routing in Wireless Sensor
Networks, Proc. IEEE WCNC'2006, Las Vegas,
- A. P. Azad,
and A. Chockalingam, Energy Efficient Mobile Base Stations Placement Algorithms in Wireless Sensor Networks, Proc. of National Communication Conference 2006, IIT Delhi
Some Ongoing Work
- Dynamic routing games using evolutionary game approach.
- Dynamic services evolution in DTNs.
- Competitive games and learning in DTN.
- Routing Games : Egoism to Altruism at Networking and Electronic Commerce Research Conference 2009(NAEC 2009), at Lake Garda, (9th Ocober), Italy2009. Slides[pdf]
An Energy-Efficient Architecture for Delay Tolerant Network: Optimal Control and Games Theoretic Approach at Maestro retreat on 23 Sept 2009. Slides[pdf]
Optimal Sampling for State Change Detection with Application to the Control of Sleep Mode at CSL seminar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on 22 April 2009. Slides[pdf]
Energy Efficient Area Monitoring Using Information Coverage in Wireless Sensor Network, at Helsinki , WOWMOM 19th June 2007. Slides[pdf]
Enhancing Lifetime in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Muliple Base Stations And Cooperative Diversity , colloquium at ECE , IISc Bangalore Jan 2006. Slides[pdf]
Bounds on the Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Networks Employing Multiple Data Sink, at San Francisco, Globecomm, Nov. 2006.
- Enhancing Network Lifetime in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Multiple Base Stations and Cooperative Diversity - MS, IISc. Bangalore [pdf][Abstract MS 2006]
- "WiMAX Application Layer Performance", Manish Airy, Amar Prakash Azad and Anuj Puri, at Beccem Communication Inc.
- Reviewer for
- IEEE Globecom'06,'07,'08,'09 - Wireless Communications & Networking
- IEEE WCNC '06,'07 – Networks
- IEEE Secon '09
- CDC '09
- TPC Member for
- IEEE Globecom'07, '08, '09 - Wireless Communications & Networking
- Publicity chair for BIONETICS 2009
This site is best viewed with Netscape 6 or later.