Re: IESG review: applicability

From: Tim Gleeson <tgleeson@cisco.com>
Subject: IESG review: applicability
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:12:27 +0900

tgleeson> > 2. (comment 1)
tgleeson> > This draft seems oriented to applications such as WebTV
tgleeson> > and similar scale uses.  One worries that other flavor
tgleeson> > applications, e.g. highly assymetric high-bandwidth
tgleeson> > inter-continental backbones, would find it not useful but
tgleeson> > be faced with "you're not doing it the ietf standard way."
tgleeson> > Hence the addition of an applicibility statement to the
tgleeson> > draft would be helpful.

This draft describes Link-layer mechanism which is required by the
UDL-node that act as a router with dynamic routing protocol
e.g. OSPF, BGP, RIP. I think WebTV-like receivers do not have to have
routing function. So, the comment looks like based on some
misunderstanding with this draft focus. If the draft lead this kind
of misunderstanding, we should update a part of abstract.

--
NTT-SC/JSAT
Jun Takei