broadcast network model

Apologies for not tracking this list closely recently, but as I recall, it
was mostly concerned with routing issues surrounding UDLR links that made
up a "full duplex" network.

Has this group given any thought to the non-route-related issues
surrounding a single unidirectional link (i.e. TV broadcast), such as the
basic network model and such?

It has become obvious that a network model needs to be developed that will
permit a sane use of such a network topology - assignment of IP addresses
consistent with the existing RFC's, a new form of ARP and SGMP, etc.

Any pointers, especially within IETF, would be appreciated, even if this
list is not the right forum.

FYI, I have a home for the discussion within ATSC, but am looking for
broader involvement in the discussion.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
	Mike

Michael A. Dolan, Representing DIRECTV,  (619)445-9070
PO Box 1673 Alpine, CA 91903        FAX: (619)445-6122