ipsat BoF

Dear all,

as you may have already noticed we got a slot for the ipsat BoF
scheduled on Thursday August 27th from 13h00 to 15h00,
Sheraton 1 room, in parallel with msgtrk, webdav, hubmib, idr,
saag, avt and rap.

1300-1500  Afternoon Sessions I
Sheraton 1   INT  ipsat     IP Over Satellite Links BOF

The agenda is the following

BoF on IP over satellite links (ipsat)

Agenda

Presentations

 Hughes Research Labs: Yongguang Zhang
 JCAST: Hidetaka Izumiyama
 Nokia: Harri Hakulinen
 INRIA: Patrick Cipiere or Emmanuel Duros

Discussion on the following items

        IP over DVB encapsulation
		general system model for IP access
	        support of IPv6
	        MAC addressing issues

        Scalability
		how to make ARP and IGMP work correctly

        Link sharing
		framing, mapping of IP services on link layer elements.

Decide whether there is an interest for an IETF WG.
	(and if yes) work on the charter

For people interested in preparing the BoF before Thursday,
I propose that we held one or two informal meetings.
We can first meet in the Sheraton Promenade room for the breakfast
on monday 24th at 8h00 am.

I will send on this list a draft description of the BoF, this will
need to be finalised during the preparation meeting(s).

Walid Dabbous