Re: New ID: draft-ietf-udlr-llencap-01.txt

    Some other thoughts...

    Re scalability...  If the intent is to only support the routers (with the
routers figuring out from their routing protocols that traffic can only be sent
one way on the udl), then the scalability issue is not any different than that
of any large backbone and this should be stated in the draft.  In any case,
with the udl support implemented beneath the network layer, I believe that the
scalability issues for udl are limited to link layer scalability issues.
 Scalability issues for the protocols being carried above udl do not need to be
addressed by udl, i.e. they are no different than they are with a bdl.

    Re bootstrapping the "soft" multicast group...  I assume that what is meant
by a "soft" multicast group is one whose IP multicast address is dynamically
assigned.  And, we want "soft" groups because there may be a need for more than
one group within the same set of interconnected routers.  Would it be possible
to use a "hard" group address to bootstrap the "soft" group?

John Border/Hughes Network Systems