Difference between INRIA and WIDE idea

Dear all,

I summarize the major difference between INRIA and WIDE
for discussion of UDLR mailing list.

         %%%            %%%%

1.The tunnel among the feeds

  INRIA wrote nothing about the tunnel among feeds.

  I think that the feeds must set up the
  tunnel each other as mesh topology to exchange the
  information for routing protocol.

  (ex.1 OSPF)
  One of feeds will be a DR of a UDL.
  To do this, feeds must exchange the OSPF
  message(ex. HELLO message,etc.) each other.

  (ex.2 DVMRP)
  One of feeds will be a DR of a UDL.
  To do this, feeds must exchange the DVMRP
  message(ex. PROBE messages,etc.).

2.The tunnel from receiver to feeds

  In section 5.3.4. of INRIA's I-D,
  a Receiver maintains the all active feeds' list and
  select one feeds'.

  I think a receiver doesn't need to maintain the
  list of all active feeds. Normally a receiver sets up
  a the tunnel to one of feeds.

3.Function of DTCP(Dynamic Tunnel Configuration
  Protocols)

  In the I-D of INRIA, describe the Dynamic Tunnel Configuration
  (DTC). According to this section, INRIA's feeds doesn't keep
  the information of receiver state.

  Our DTCP control the state of receiver at feed and
  can do dynamic IP address allocation for receiver if necessary.

4.Requirement for on-demand ARP

    In section7, INRIA's draft describe necessity of on-demand ARP.

    In our approach,
    for receiver's hardware address resolution mechanism,
    periodical update of receiver hardware address and IP address(ARP)
    table and sharing newest ARP table in feeds are
    provided by DTCP mechanism in section 5.3.

    When a Feed loses the hardware address information of a Receiver
    accidentally and some nodes want to send packets via this Feed to the
    Receiver using UDL, the Feed has to know Receiver's hardware address
    by on-demand ARP mechanism.

    (1)It can only happens when the Feed goes down suddenly and comes up
       quickly. This is a rare case.

    (2)Even in this case, the Feed knows the Receiver's hardware
       address by DTCP mechanism in a bit period.

    Therefore, I think on-demand ARP mechanism is not required.
    It may be recommend.

5.Requirement of tunneling

    If the requirement of the tunneling mechanism for udlr
    is just carrying IP datagrams, this system can employ
    any tunneling mechanism which can carry IP datagram
    (eg. IPonIP, GRE, etc.).

-- izu --