Re: [moca] Locality and Name matching in Pi-Calculus.

In other words, there are data-structures (better than queues) to
implement local names, since we know, at compile time, how many
receptors there will be on a given local name.  In particular,
replicated names in Pict are always local.

this leads me to ask a question: we have all these fancy translations from higher-level languages into pi and then into assembler (pict etc)

             f             g
    HLL ---------> pi -----------> assembler

and via conventional conventional compilers directly into assembler:

    HLL -----------> assembler

what happens if we compare the output of g o f with h? do we essentially
get the same code? or does translating via pi introduce inefficiencies?
if the latter, are these inefficiences of a systematic nature?

martin