[moca] General question: environment model vs calculus model

Dear all,

I am a Ph.d. student at the LIRMM lab (university of Montpellier 2, france).
I am interested in software engineering of complex system in open and
unpredictable environment such as ubiquitous systems (that I am considering
as case study). I have been inspired by formal calculus model that deal with
mobility, distribution (locations) and concurrency (PI, SPI, DPI, Ambient or
Join?). After studying this models, I would like to ask a simple question
that could help me for understanding these works:
According to the ideas of L.Cardelli on images of distributed systems, the
concept of mobility, distribution and interaction can be described at the
environmental* level. Do you think that describing these concepts in a
formal environment** rather than in the model of calculus would be an
interesting direction for:
-	Interconnecting heterogeneous models of calculus. for instance, a lambda
term that ?communicate? with a ?Pi term? by exchanging some specific
interaction objects.
-	Understanding and defining all the rules of interaction, mobility at the
environment level whatever the calculus models that are used since they are
all equivalent.

Kind regards,

*: Environment is defined as what is surrounding a particular calclus.
**: the formal environment is not supposed to calculate (no need for Turing
equivalence)