Re: Any successful implementations of existing languages in Centaur?

In article <60029@sophia.inria.fr>, kplee@cs.adelaide.edu.au (Kiew Puan Lee) writes:
=>                I would like some information as to where Centaur has been
=> used successfully to define existing languages. If you have any information
=> to that effect, please let me know. Many thanks!

This is the most recent list i have.  Of course, someone out there may well be
working on defining other languages under Centaur, and they should feel free to
add to my list.  This list was composed with information gather for the Centaur
Users Club meeting held last spring.

	cheers
	janet bertot

-------------------------------------
A. Languages specified using Centaur:
-------------------------------------

Below is a list of languages that have been specified with
one or more of the Centaur formalisms (Metal, SDF, Typol, ASF).
Of course, all the Centaur formalisms mentioned above and,
additionally, PPML also have associated Centaur environments.

C, Ada, Pascal, Fortran77/90, Le Lisp,
Esterel, Lustre, VDM, LOTOS, ASN1*, EIFFEL*,
VHDL, ADL, ALPHA,  MANIFOLD, mu-CRL, L, SETL

NB: (*) subsets of the language have been described under Centaur.

-----------------------------
B. A more detailed breakdown:
-----------------------------

C, Pascal, Ada (syntax only)

Fortran77/90 (syntax only for Connexite S.A.'s Fortran77/90 environment)
	     (a number of transformations written in either Typol, C,
	      or LeLisp for parallelizations/vectorization.)

Le Lisp (syntax only, the interpreter comes for free :-)

Esterel (syntax + interpreter in Typol)

Lustre (syntax + interpreter in Typol)

VDM (syntax + static semantics, translator VDM to ADA)

LOTOS (syntax + typechecker, simulator)

ASN1 (syntax, typechecker, optimizer, test generator)

EFFIEL (syntax, static and dynamic semantics)

VHDL (syntax for VHDL87)

ADL, a first order functional language (syntax, typechecker, interpreter)

ALPHA, an equational language to specify dataflow (e.g., systolic arrays)
	(syntax + translators to generate VHDL or Model code)

MANIFOLD, a parallel programming language (syntax + semantics)

mu-CRL, process description language (syntax, typechecker, simulator)

L, a data parallel language (syntax, simulator, generator of verification
	conditions)

SETL (syntax in Metal + translation to ADA using Typol)