Re: Miscellany (ppml issues)

=> 3. Pretty printing
=>
=>   We have a language with several sublanguages (implemented as TREE).
=>   We wanted each language to appear with e.g. a different background.
=>   We did not manage to obtain this (Somehow the "class" seems to be lost
=>   during the change of languages).

There is a flaw in the Ppml runtime design, I agree.

Whatever the sublanguage is, the same resource query prefix is used. This
query contains the name of the original language and pretty printer.

For example, given a language A displayed with pretty printer ppA and a
sublanguage B displayed with a pretty printer ppB, the resource prefix is
always: <...formalism-A....pprinter-ppA....>

Advice : for pretty printer ppB, use specific class names, like B_keyword, or
B_string.  They will let you handle B classes not the same way as A classes.

	Vincent.