is a thread-based language for concurrent programming
. Objectives are:
- to make concurrent programming simpler and safer by providing
a framework with a clear and sound semantics.
- to get efficient implementations which can deal with
large numbers of concurrent components.
- to allow lightweight implementations that can be used in the
context of embedded systems with limited resources.
- to be able to benefit of parallelism provided by SMP
is based on a new programming model which is a variant of
. It is closely related to FairThreads
stands for Language Over Fair Threads
A complete description of LOFT
is available (html
- a description of the language and a reference manual.
- a formal operational semantics.
- a description of several implementations.
- a set of examples, including one running on an embedded system
and examples taking profit from SMP multiprocessing.
has been tested with the GameBoy Advance
(GBA) platform of Nintendo. The description
prey/predator demo and the code
are both available.
Here is a screenshot of the demo (with a GBA emulator):