More member-only anti-spam

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Emmanuel Duros wrote on udlr:

> I am forwarding this mails to the udlr mailing list.
> There has been for several months an anti-spam mechanism at INRIA. It
> basicaly prevents unsubscribed people from sending mails to the mailing
> list. Unfortunately, iesg-secretary@ietf.org is one of them...
[..]

quite important forwarded mail of 10 Feb, indicating udlr draft moving
to proposed standard, snipped.

You just can't do members-only on IETF WG lists. See recent discussion
on poisson. I'd suggest moving the list elsewhere...

Antispam measures interfere with the normal business of the IETF, to
its detriment.

L.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>