RE: Conformance testing (Re: DVB/Multiprotocol encapsulation)

I get messages from you daily and I have no idea who you are or why I receive messages not related to me at all!!!
Please remove me from this if it is an alias with many members.
-----Original Message-----
From: Harri Hakulinen NRC/Tre [mailto:Harri.Hakulinen@research.nokia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 1998 9:54 AM
To: udlr@sophia.inria.fr; ipsat@sophia.inria.fr
Cc: Patrick.Cipiere@sophia.inria.fr
Subject: Conformance testing (Re: DVB/Multiprotocol encapsulation)

Moro,

Patrick Cipiere wrote:

Our current implemention of UDLR uses a DVB card/driver with data
piping mode.
We would like to move to the Multiprotocol encapsulation mode as
defined by the ETSI Draft EN 301 192
That is certainly very good idea.

Do you know where I coul'd find bitstreams (and/or conformance
checking code) of Multiprotocol encapsulation in order to check our
implemention.

There is about two levels of compatibility (depending of how you see it).

DVB multiprotocol "sections" should be compatible with private data
sections defined by ISO ( see references on my earlier mails). That
can be tested with most MPEG TS analysers. Most of them are
based on specialized HW, and they have DVB serial (ASI) or paraller
interface. If you want to receive feed from satellite to those devices,
you usually need separete satellite receiver. For example we have one,
that is modified version of our standard STB (with ASI output).

We have one set in our lab, but we just moved to new office building
and we are out of satellite feed for next 2 or 3 weeks, so we can't
easily test your streams much before christmas ...

The other level of compatibility is DVB multiprotocol encapsulation
itself (e.g. MAC address). For that I am not aware of any testing
equipment or testing procedures so far.

We are very much interested to start interoperability testing
with you or any other interested party (same timetable applies
here, so maybe already in this year).

--
Harri.Hakulinen
@research.nokia.com            Play the Snake