Re: draft-ietf-udlr-llencap-01.txt

 From: tim@rsd.dl.nec.com (Tim Woodall)

> Based on very similar work that NEC is doing in this area,
> it would be desirable for the DTCP to support advertisement
> of multiple end-point addresses. This list should include
> all bi-directional or receive-only interfaces that had been
> administratively enabled to act as a tunnel-endpoint.

I add your comment to the list of items which will be discussed during
the meeting. I will provide this list very soon on the mailing list.

> Consider the case where a small set of receive sites may
> also be acting as feeds, yet the underlying transport does
> not support multiple feeds per UDL, so N feeds results in N
> distinct unidirectional links.

There are cases of UDLs where a receiver can receive from several feeds.
Some satellites perform on board processing, i.e. feeds can transmit on
a different frequency toward the same satellite which 'multiplexes the
data' on the same downlink frequency. From the receiver point of view,
several feeds can transmit on the same UDL. For example, DVB
(http://www.dvb.org/dvb_framer.htm) standard allows this type of
transmission.

Emmanuel
--