Re: Difference between INRIA and WIDE idea

Emmanuel Duros wrote:
> The sat dish of the VSAT can be used for transmission/reception.
> Why wouldn't we plug a ROI in a feed ?
>
>    PC
>     +                                                              1.8 m
>    SOI ------------> Modulator ------------> Amplifier ---------> sat dish
>     +                                                                |
>    ROI <-------------------------------------------------------------/
>
> A driver could support both SOI and ROI, and we then get a bidirectional
> communication. Feeds can communicate with each other without the need of
> tunnels or AFM group.

Somehow it seems, that this doesn't have much to do with UDLR
(I recall that U stands for Unidirectional ?).

Please stay on issue, at least I am interested about your results,
altought I don't have very much resources to contribute.

Besides, I guess that your case is not very common nowadays,
so maybe it does not deserve special attention at the moment ?

--
Harri.Hakulinen@research.nokia.com
Video lab/Tampere/Finland