Re: I-D: a Link Layer Tunneling for UDL

>      Looking at the messages you have described, it seems that the existing
>      Registration-Request/Reply would match pretty closely what you have
>      described in your Hello protocol. A few new extensions may be
>      required, but this is much simpler than redesigning a new protocol
>      from scratch (and a reference implementation may already be
>      available).

In fact, your needs are likely to be met by a simple application
of our Tunnel Establishment Protocol (TEP).  I would be very receptive
to make any changes you might identify in basic TEP, which itself
is modeled on the tunnel registration procedures created within
the Mobile IP working group (and which have already gone to Proposed
Standard, RFC 2002).

>      In addition, Mobile-IP has support for both GRE as well as IP in IP.
>
>      An added benefit of using Mobile-IP is that it will be possible to use
>      the existing security extensions already defined in the protocol.
>
>      PatC

If you are interested in TEP, I will be happy to send you the protocol
specification.

Regards,
Charlie P.