Re: Dynamic tunneling, multicast and terms unification

From: ygz@isl.hrl.hac.com (Yongguang Zhang)
> Stephen Schwab writes
> How many of those reading this list have actually used their implementations
> over a satellite link?  (Or a one-way cable distribution tree?)

We, WIDE project have implementations,
and are evaluating our implementations in the testbed.
We are using real satellite link as
unidirectional link.

Using our implementations,
RIP,OSPF and DVMRP is working in our testbed.

> Another area I'm interesting in is multicast.  Could Yongguang Zhang
> give any explanation about the term "multicast tunneling" that appear in
> his web page (part "Asymmetric routing in the Internet")?

We are using unidirectional link like an Ethernet,
and using DVMRP for multicast rouing.

-- izu --