|| Luca Chiaraviglio - Post Doc
Bat. Lagrange, Office LS17,
INRIA Sophia Antipolis Méditerranée,
2004 route des Lucioles,
06902 Sophia Antipolis,
Phone: +33 (0)4 92 38 76 96
Luca Chiaraviglio was born in Pinerolo (Italy) in 1983. He graduated from Politecnico di Torino
with a master degree in Computer Engineering (summa cum laude) in 2007,
and with a Ph.D. in Telecommunication and Electronics Engineering in
2011. Currently, he holds a post-doc position at the Mascotte project, and his activities are supported by the ERCIM ”Alain Bensoussan” Fellowship Programme. Previously of joining INRIA, he was a post-doc at the Telecommunication Network Group of Politecnico di Torino (February 2011 - September 2012).
During November 2008 he collaborated for ETECSA S.A.
(Cuba) as teaching assistant in Quality of Service issues. Between
August 2009 and April 2010, he was a visiting scholar at the WING group of Boston University, under the supervision of Prof. Ibrahim Matta. In February 2012 he obtained the French "Maître de conférences" qualification for the section 27 and section 61.
His main research activities are focused on the sustainability of the
Internet architecture, by targeting the reduction of power consumption
in wired, wireless and computer networks.
Luca Chiaraviglio is a member of IEEE and a founding member of the IEEE Communications Society Technical Subcommittee on Green Communications and Computing.
Random Graph Theory
Past and On-Going Projects
- FP7 NoE BONE (Building the Future Optical Network in Europe)
- FP7 IP ECONET (Low Energy Consumption Networks)
- FP7 NoE TREND (Towards Real Energy Efficient Network Design)
Past and Ongoing Collaborations
Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, Technische Universität Berlin, University of Thessaloniki, Orange - France Telecom, Telecom Italia, Università di Catania, Università di Roma "La Sapienza", Telefonica I+D, Beijing Jiaotong University.
- PoliSave, a software for reducing power consumption in computer networks
- TrendMeter, a tool for monitoring and controlling power consumption of networked devices
Honors and Awards
- IBM Ph.D. Fellowship 2009, under the supervision of George Katopis.
- GTTI Best PhD Award 2011 in recognition of his PhD thesis, entitled Energy-Efficient Telecommunication Networks
- GARR 2011 Ruberti Award on Next Generation Networks and data transmission technologies. An interview published in the GARRnews magazine is available here (in Italian).
- TPC member for the following conferences: SMARTGREENS 2012, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, IEEE GREENCOM 2012, SOFTCOM 2012, IEEE PECON 2012, IEEE ISIEA 2012, IEEE ISWTA 2012, ACM/IEEE ICCVE 2012, IEEE ICC 2013, IEEE GLOBECOM 2013.
- Web co-chair for the IEEE GreenCom 2012 conference
- Reviever for the following journals and conferences: IEEE
Transactions on Networking, Journal on Selected Areas in Communication,
IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communication, IEEE Transactions on
Service and Network Management, ACM Computer Communication Review,
Elsevier Computer Networks, IEEE Communications Letters, ACM Mobile
Networks and Applications, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications
Technologies, Elsevier Computer Communications, Elsevier Sustainable
Computing: Informatics and Systems, IEEE Infocom, IEEE ICC, IEEE
GLOBECOM, IEEE GreenCom, SustainIT, SoftCOM, ISWCS, ONDM, IEEE WCNC,
MSWiM, Networking, Camad, ICCN.
Google Scholar Page