Research interests :
My research interests focus on the geometry of algebraic curves and surfaces and their applications in geometric modeling. In this context, I have strong interests in elimination theory, computer algebra and computational algebraic geometry.
- Elimination theory for systems of polynomial equations: multivariate resultants over blow-up or determinantal varieties, iterated discriminant, multivariate discriminants, closed image of rational maps and equations of their Rees algebras.
- Geometry of curves and surfaces : singularities and pencils of adjoint of rational plane curves, singularities of surfaces, spectrum and total irreducibility of pencils of algebraic plane curves.
- Algebraic methods in Computer Aided Geometric Design: Implicitization and inversion of rational algebraic curves and surfaces (Bézier patches and NURBS) through various matrix-based representations, intersection and self-intersection problems by exploiting and enhancing the link between algebraic and numerical linear algebra technics.
Open positions :
- One-year engineer position (industrial post-doc) in collaboration Pierre Alliez (TITANE) and the industrial partner GeometryFactory. See the description of the position and visit the application webpage.
- Contact me if you are looking for an internship.
Ongoing research projects :
- ARCADES (2016-2019) : ITN (Innovative Traning Network) funded by the European Community (H2020 program) on the topic « Algebraic Representation in Computer-Aided Design for Complex Shapes ».
- SYRAM (2015-2016) : MathAmSud research program on « SYzygies of RAtional Maps with applications to geometric modeling » composed by research teams from Argentina, Brasil and France.
Upcoming events :
- Mini-workshop on « Commutative Algebra and Applications », co-organized with A. Dimca at the University of Nice, September 22-23, 2016.
- First Learning Week of the ARCADES Network : « Opportunity Recognition » at Inria Sophia Antipolis, April 3-7, 2017.
- Conference MEGA 2017 at the University of Nice, June 12-16, 2017.