Research interests :
My research interests focus on the geometry of algebraic curves and surfaces and their applications in geometric modeling. In this context, I have strong interests in elimination theory, computer algebra and computational algebraic geometry.
- Elimination theory for systems of polynomial equations: multivariate resultants over blow-up or determinantal varieties, iterated discriminant, multivariate discriminants, closed image of rational maps and equations of their Rees algebras.
- Geometry of curves and surfaces : singularities and pencils of adjoint of rational plane curves, singularities of surfaces, spectrum and total irreducibility of pencils of algebraic plane curves.
- Algebraic methods in Computer Aided Geometric Design: Implicitization and inversion of rational algebraic curves and surfaces (Bézier patches and NURBS) through various matrix-based representations, intersection and self-intersection problems by exploiting and enhancing the link between algebraic and numerical linear algebra technics.
Forthcoming events :
- Real Algebraic Geometry With A View Toward Systems
Control and Free Positivity, Oberwolfach, Germany, 6 Apr. - 12 Apr.
- Dagstuhl seminar on Geometric Modeling 2014, Dagstuhl, Germany, May 25-30, 2014.
- Computer Algebra and Effective Methods in Algebraic and Arithmetic Geometry , Tatihou, France, 30 Jun.- 3 Jul. 2014.