Research interests :
My research interests focus on the geometry of algebraic curves and surfaces and their applications in geometric modeling. In this context, I have strong interests in elimination theory, computer algebra and computational algebraic geometry.
- Elimination theory for systems of polynomial equations: multivariate resultants over blow-up or determinantal varieties, iterated discriminant, multivariate discriminants, closed image of rational maps and equations of their Rees algebras.
- Geometry of curves and surfaces : singularities and pencils of adjoint of rational plane curves, singularities of surfaces, spectrum and total irreducibility of pencils of algebraic plane curves.
- Algebraic methods in Computer Aided Geometric Design: Implicitization and inversion of rational algebraic curves and surfaces (Bézier patches and NURBS) through various matrix-based representations, intersection and self-intersection problems by exploiting and enhancing the link between algebraic and numerical linear algebra technics.
Ongoing research projects :
- ARCADES (2016-2019) : ITN (Innovative Traning Network) funded by the European Community (H2020 program) on the topic « Algebraic Representation in Computer-Aided Design for Complex Shapes ».
Upcoming events :
- First Learning Week of the ARCADES Network : « Opportunity Recognition » at Inria Sophia Antipolis, April 3-7, 2017.
- Conference MEGA 2017 at the University of Nice, June 12-16, 2017.
- International meeting in commutative algebra and its related areas, ICMC-USP, Sao Carlos - Brazil, July 17-21 2017.
- School and workshop on syzygies, Trento, September 4-9, 2017.