I am a PhD candidate under the supervision of Arnaud Legout and Walid Dabbous
in the DIANA (fka Planète) project team
at INRIA Sophia-Antipolis. I joined INRIA in September 2009.
Prior to joining INRIA, I was an M.S. (R) student in the
School of Information Technology
at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
I am attracted to practical problems in the area of communication networks.
- Platform that enables users and researchers to Meddle with mobile data traffic.
Meddle is deployed in USA and France and it can be accessed from either meddle.cs.washington.edu or meddle-srv1.inria.fr
- Understanding the dynamics of TCP and trying to trouble shoot network issues such as buffer bloat based solely on TCP state variables.
- uTP or TCP -- which protocol should you use for content dissemination?
- Ashwin Rao, Yeon-sup Lim, Chadi Barakat, Arnaud Legout, Don Towsley, and Walid Dabbous, "Network Characteristics of Video Streaming Traffic", ACM CoNEXT 2011, Tokyo, Japan (acceptance ratio 18.8%) (Slides)
This work was presented at CCNxCon 2011, the first community meeting on Content-Centric Networking as a talk and a poster
This was also presented in the ANR CONNECT meeting on Jan 31, 2011 (Slides)
Our video streaming dataset is publicly available.
- Ashwin Rao, Arnaud Legout, and Walid Dabbous, Can Realistic BitTorrent Experiments be Performed on Clusters?, in the Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing 2010 (P2P'10) (acceptance ratio 22.3%) Slides
- Ashwin Rao, Arzad Kherani, and Anirban Mahanti,
Performance Evaluation of 802.11 Broadcasts for A Single Cell Network with
Unsaturated Nodes, in the Proceedings of IFIP Networking 2008,
pp. 836-847. (acceptance ratio 26.9%)
- Ashwin Rao, Justine Sherry, Arnaud Legout, Arvind Krishnamurthy, Walid Dabbous, David Choffnes, Meddle: Middleboxes for Increased Transparency and Control of Mobile Traffic, accepted as a poster in Conext 2012 Student Workshop 2012
- Claudio Testa, Dario Rossi, Ashwin Rao and Arnaud Legout, Experimental Assessment of BitTorrent Completion Time in Heterogeneous TCP/uTP swarms, in Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA) 2012. (acceptance ratio 30%)
- Aravind Iyer, Arzad Kherani, Ashwin Rao, and Aditya Karnik,
Secure V2V Communications: Performance Impact of Computational Overheads,
in the Proceedings of IEEE Infocom 2008 workshop on Mobile
Networking for Vehicular Environments.
- Ashwin Rao, Ashish Sangwan, Arzad Kherani, Anitha Varghese, Bhargav Bellur, and
Rajeev Shorey, Secure V2V Communication with Certificate Revocation,
in the Proceedings of IEEE Infocom 2007 workshop on Mobile
Networking for Vehicular Environments, pp. 127-132.
Overview of M.S. Thesis
|Title||Performance Evaluation of Secure Communication in
|Advisors|| Arzad Kherani and Anirban Mahanti|
|Summary||Vehicular communication systems enable vehicles to
communicate with each other for increasing passenger safety. The
critical nature of the messages exchanged motivates the need for
securing these messages. This work was aimed at evaluating the impact
of intermittent connectivity between the vehicles and the security
infrastructure on the performance of the proposed Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI) based security mechanisms. Further, the impact
of the computational and bandwidth overheads of security on the
performance of communication were studied.|
Conferences attended: IEEE P2P 2010, ACM-Usenix IMC 2011, ACM CoNEXT 2011
| Last Updated on February 15, 2012