- Unless you specify
otherwise on the centaur command line.
- A variable may be the subject of any number of
ctedits, but a ctedit may only have one subject at a time.
changing directories with cd, no blanks may appear between the
lisp prompt and the exclamation mark.
- Not including an operator in a phylum,
on the other hand, does not prevent the construction of an abstract
syntax tree but may pose problems during semantic analysis.
- To analyze the
conflicts yourself, you might try applying Yacc by hand, with the
``-v'' (verbose) option to the yaccExp.y file generated by the
Metal compiler. The resulting y.output file indicates the
locations of the shift-reduce and reduce-reduce conflicts. Good luck.
- The fact
that the comment lasts until the end of the line is specified by
preceding lines of this file, not shown here.
- Note that variable names are different since they are
to be instantiated with different values. Variables may be referenced
any number of times in the right hand part of a rule.
- By default, Centaur decreases the print level by one
before unparsing a node's descendents. You may, however, change this
behavior for each descendent explicitly in the right hand part of a
- The query is a list of instance names followed by a
list of the same number of class names. It doesn't ever contain
question marks or asterisks.
exactly. If the sequent has no hypotheses and its consequent
is a simple list of expressions, you may omit the turnstyle and put
the consequent in parentheses.
- To resolve this conflict, you could either replace
the phyla RULES and DECLS by a phylum containing the two,
or replace -> by a different symol.
keywords must be prefixed by a sharp sign (``#'').
- This insures that
the RESULT variable will always be at the beginning of the list and
therefore the first variable displayed, a purely aesthetic choice.
- It is possible to rename ports when including an stnode
in a network so that semantically compatible ports are connected.
- This unfortunately doesn't really
- The environment may have
already been loaded if we have, say, edited a Typol program. It is not
reloaded in this case.
- Among other reasons, this gives us free
redisplay in any ctedit's that display this variable.
correspondence depends on the type of formatter being used.
- The type symbol must be used for