Re: gethostbyname- Error 0

In article <50705@sophia.inria.fr>, cattel@iit.nrc.ca (Cattel) writes:
|> 1) Pb with Centaur 1.2
|> I installed Centaur1.2 sometimes ago and it worked well.
|> To-day I got a similar pb to Regine Freitag's (19 May 93)
|> When I try to read a file writen in one of my formalisms.
|> Follows the log of the session.
|> Is it the same pb, what is the cure ?
|>
|> --------- log ------------------
|>
|> ; Le-Lisp (by INRIA) version 15.24 ( 2/Janv/91)   [sun4OS4]
|> gethostbyname: Error 0
|>                       MU-Prolog 3.2 - Typol $Revision: 1.1 $

|> ---------- end log ---------

    This is not the same problem.  The current host was using the DNS
(using named, the internet domain name server) instead of the sun NIS (ypserv)
to map the host names to the corresponding internet addresses, but the current
host was NOT knowned by the name server daemon.  Everything went fine with
centaur when this was corrected.

|> 2) Question : does Centaur work without any pb either with X11R4, X11R5,
|> Openwindow3.0 ?

    Yes, but with Openwindow, you will probably need to add the following
resource in your .Xdefaults (your X11 resources):

OpenWindows.SetInput:   followmouse

--
Francis Montagnac, fm@sophia.inria.fr, (33) 93 65 78 06, Fax:(33) 93 65 77 66
INRIA Sophia, 2004, rte des Lucioles, B.P.93 - 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex