Strange behaviour

   In this message, I am not going to complain.  I only wish to inform us about
a strange behaviour I pointed out.

   I have a ".metal" file.  If I read it within a Centaur editor, and do "Check
Metal", "Compile Metal", and then "!ctmake" on the Centaur/Le_Lisp toplevel,
all these operations work.  It is not surprising, is it?

   BUT:

   if I type "!ctmake" directly, the Metal compiler crashes and puts this
message down:

	** send : undefined method : (report () () error Circular definition of
	phylum :)

   In other words, the Metal compiler run by "ctmake" and the compiler
accessible by selecting "Compile Metal" in the Metal menu do not have the same
behaviour.  It is strange, innit?

   Yours faithfully,

				     J.-M.