RMO root properties

The Resource Hierarchy Reference Guide says:

 > 5.1.1  Root and Location properties
 >
 > A user often needs to specify the location of external files relative
 > to a system object, so the properties Root and Location frequently
 > appear in rmo's. The Location property value is a path indicating the
 > location of an object with respect to a root directory, indicated by
 > the Root property value. Possible values for Root are:
 >
 >    o app : the root directory is the system root directory, whose
 >      value is stored in the Le-Lisp global variable #:system:app-path.
 >      The directory is calculated from the concatenation of this
 >      directory and the value of Location.
 >
 >    o user : the root directory is the user root directory (usually the
 >      $HOME directory), whose value is stored in the Le-Lisp global
 >      vari- able #:system:user-path. The directory is calculated from
 >      the con- catenation of this directory and the value of Location.
 >
 >    o abs : the root directory is ignored. The system considers the
 >      value of Location an absolute path and looks for the object in
 >      that directory.

I don't understand what exactly is the semantics of the `abs' value.
Does it means that I have to specify an absolout system path, i.e. one
that starts with `/' under UNIX, or can I also give a  path that is
relative to the rdb file that specifies the Root property?

This is what I would like to have, because when moving a directory
that contains .rdb files, I don't want to have to modify all their
Location properties. What I need is a Root property value `local', or
`rel', that avoids this.

Or is there an other way to do that?

	Guido