Design and Implementation of Programming Tools
Programmers and designers of programming formalisms or specifications face an increasingly
complex task. This project aims to design and implement better adapted and more reliable
- Semantics of programming languages and study of various programming styles:
synchronicity, objects, parallelism.
- Formal proof handling and applications, e.g., proof of programming language
properties and verification of programming tools.
- Construction of the Centaur interactive programming system enabling the integration of tools
derived from semantic specifications, external tools, and a high-level user
International and Industrial relations
- Participation in the Esprit BRA ``Types for proofs and programs'' project.
- On-going contacts with Ilog
and Simulog (French firms).
- Participation in the INRIA-Dassault Aviation ``Concurrent Engineering'' project (Génie).
- Joint work with the research centers of CNET (France Télécom)
on proof development environments and of Bull on tools for software development
environments (Koala group).
- Contacts with AT&T Bell Laboratories, the University of California at Berkeley, Xerox Parc, Digital
Equipment Research Center in Palo Alto, etc.
+33 93 65 77 39
To know more
Activity report of this project (or French PostScript version)
Access to the Project's Server